Graduate students submitting abstracts to give oral presentations at the 2022 National Sweetpotato Collaborators Annual Meeting will have the opportunity to compete for 1st and 2nd place awards. This is designed to promote presentation skills of our M.S. and Ph.D. level graduate students that are associated with our specific organization. Please encourage your students to participate in this contest at the NSCG annual conference.
Submission of Abstracts
Title and abstract submission will open on October 14, 2021, with title submission deadline on November 17, 2021 to be considered for an oral presentation. Abstract submission deadline is January 3, 2022.
- Your presentation will be 12 minutes maximum length. You should practice for a 12 minute presentation, and allow 3 minutes for questions from the judges and audience.
- The moderator will stand at 10 minutes, so you will know you need to start wrapping-up.
- At 15 minutes, if you are not finished, the moderator will require that you terminate your presentation.
- A laptop computer and computer projector will be supplied.
- Your slides will be requested via email prior to the meeting but bring your Power Point presentation on a USB stick drive as a backup. Please note: if you bring your presentation in other formats, it cannot be guaranteed that they will work on the computer/projector supplied.
- Oral presentations will be judged using this NSCG_oral_presentation_rubric
- Judge 1: Michelle McHargue (Co-Chair)
- Judges are to be determined. If you are interested in assisting, please contact a member of the Organizing Committee!